Ethical Buys for Pet Lovers
When looking for small changes we can make to reduce our impact on the planet, ethical buys for pet lovers may not always be immediately available or obvious – but they’re worth the effort. With the recent growth in pet ownership thanks to being home more throughout Covid, there’s a whole lot more dog food and cat food being eaten, cat litter used and poop bags tossed out than ever before. More waste means we should try doubly hard to seek out ways to reduce our impact to the planet.
Here are some ethical buys for pet lovers to help offset that furry friend’s carbon footprint (yup, we all have one!):
Sustainable Dog & Cat Food
- Public Goods offers dog kibble, cat kibble, chews, catnip and other snacks for your furry friends – all sustainably sourced with simple, wholesome ingredients and no fillers or preservatives. They offer a lot of great other products too, learn more about why we love Public Goods here.
Eco-Friendly Cat Litter
- Tuft & Paw offers a low tracking, clumping, dust-free litter that disintegrates completely in water so that you can flush safely down the toilet. Delivered to your door, free shipping included.
Compostable Dog Poop Bags
- Compostable Dog Poop Bags from Give a Shit Earth Friendly Pet Products are leakproof, biodegradable and vegetable based – plus they donate 10% to Charity!
Dog Beds, Bowls & Collars
- Classic and fashionable and upcycled demin pet beds from The Foggy Dog
- Cute bamboo food or water bowl from Beco Pets
- Adorable upcycled demin bandanas, collars and bowties for your pooch, also from The Foggy Doggy
- Natural rubber dog balls and hemp toys from Beco Pets
What are your favorite Pet brands? Do they offer a sustainable or eco-friendly line yet?
If not, let them know they should!